01 09 10

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Love You Bunches!

Nothing says, "I love you" better than a boquet of Valentine's day flowers made by your son!  Today, my little guy and I made a bunch of heart shaped flowers to put in a vase on our crafting table.  He loved that he could do most of it himself!  This is a great idea to help develop fine motor skills and decision-making.

This is what we did:

 
  1. Little Guy strung a button onto a chenille bendy thing.  He chose the color of the button and the chenille.
  2. I cut out hearts for him and put a hole punch through the bottom.
  3. He strung 4-5 hearts on the chenille.
  4. He picked out another button and then strung that behind the rest of the flowers.
  5. Finally, he picked out several beads and decorated the chenille with it.
This project didn't take us very long - 15 minutes. We made a bunch of them to put  in a glass vase.  You'll probably need to help a toddler twist the chenille around the buttons so that everything doesn't fall off.  I think my pre-schooler could do the entire thing by himself (including cutting out the hearts).  I hope our guests will LOVE the flowers at our Valentine's Day craft party. 
 
My inspiration came from:  Here
     



No comments:

Post a Comment