01 09 10

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Family Tree

In my Sunday school class I taught about the Holy Family (Mary, Joseph, and Jesus). In order to help the students relate to Jesus growing up in a family - like them, each child made a family tree using pretzels!  They LOVED using the pretzels but it was hard not to EAT them!

This is what we did:



  1. Each child got one pretzel rod to glue to his peice of construction paper.
  2. They glued pretzel sticks anywhere they wanted for branches.
  3. I cut out oversized green leaves that they drew family members on.  (notice that my son's dad (and my husband) is so tall his head doesn't fit on the leaf :))
  4. They also glued tissue paper blossoms on their trees, if they wanted.
This activity was done by 4-6 yr. olds.  It took them about 20 minutes.  The conversations about their families while making the project were wonderful!
  I. LOVED. IT!  Many of the kids also drew pictures of their family pets!

No comments:

Post a Comment