This is what we did:
- We blew up a balloon for each child.
- Then I created the "glue mixture" (1 cup water to 1 cup flour).
- We ripped newspapers, dunked it in the mixture, and layed it on the balloon. You have to flatten/smooth out the newspaper once you put it on the balloon otherwise it will be lumpy.
- We hung the wet newspaper covered balloon from the ceiling to let it dry over night. (ceiling of an unfinished basement)
- The next day we glued cut-up squares of tissue paper all over the balloons.
- Currently, the pinatas are hanging in the basement. We need to get stuff to fill them before we pop the inside of the balloon fill 'em up, and smash 'em.