This is what we did:
- I cut a strip of brown paper that would be long enough to fit around their heads.
- The boys glued googly eyes and a pom to the brown strip.
- We used masking tape to attach two craft sticks for the antlers.
- I traced and cut out each boys' hands.
- The boys glued the hands to the craft sticks.
- Lastly, we used masking tape to fit the "hat" around their heads.
They had fun running around the house wearing the Rudolph hats for the evening. I think I got a cute Christmas picture from it too. I might try the same concept for another holiday - bunny ears would be cute (a cotton ball tail on the back side?). We LOVE celebrating Christmas!
You could also use this as a character lesson. Everyone has special gifts! Sometimes, our uniqueness, is the best gift we receive.