Here is how you play:
- You need 5 dice.
- You need 5 chips (for about an 1/2 hour game) for each person. We've used other objects instead of chips - such as bow tie noodles. (You can also play without them, it just wasn't as fun for our family)
- Everybody throws a chip into the "pot".
- Everybody gets one turn to try to score the highest number.
- Whoever gets the highest score wins all the chips in the pot for that round.
- Continue to play until someone is out of chips.
- The winner is the person with the most chips at that point.
- Each person gets three consecutive tries to roll the dice.
- You must get a 6, 5, and 4. If you roll one of those numbers you set it off to the side.
- If you get those three numbers within 3 shakes, you get to add up the remaining two dice. That is your score.
- If you get a 6,5, and 4 before you have shaken 3 times, you can re-roll the remaining two dice (up to 3 times) in order to get a higher score BUT if you get a lower score that's what you get....RISK.
This is a fun game to play as a family. We're at the stage where games are becoming more fun. Our Big Guy is able to play more complex games than CandyLand and his losing doesn't result in an hour beneath the table! LOVE that! (In our house,the losers have to shake hands with the winner and say, "Good Game".)