01 09 10

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Add Some Ambiance

 I LOVE the soft glow of candles so whenever I entertain, I light up some tapers for my table.  I've learned that a little preparation goes a long way!

This is what I did:  

 
 I bought two 10" tapers from the Dollar Store, both for one dollar. I put them in the freezer.                                                                                                                                                
        

Shortly before my guests arrived, I took my candles out of the freezer.  (I recommend keeping them in the freezer for 24 hours or longer).  My candles did not fit snuggly in the holders so I wrapped the bottom of each of the tapers with aluminum foil and inserted them in the holders.  I got a nice tight fit and the foil was not visible to anyone.


I lit my candles and was ready for my guests.


My tapers burned cleanly for five hours!  No drips!  This has worked for me every time with only one exception.  I tried this with expensive candles I bought from Crate & Barrel and had a drippy mess.  They burned a much shorter time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment