01 09 10

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Face Painting Fun!

The boys and I LOVE to spend the afternoon at the Children's Museum of MN.  When I say "afternoon" I really mean the afternoon.  Mornings at the CM are absolute chaos!  School groups invade the place!  After lunch, however, it is one of the best places for kids in the middle of a MN winter.   We have been the only people in the room!  One of our favorite activites is to face paint.  We discovered that we love to face paint at home too!  

This is what we did:


  1.   I stocked up on face paint from Target and Walmart right after Halloween.
  2. I picked up a couple of mirrors (that stand on their own) at a garage sale.  ( I just saw them at the Dollar Store too)
  3. I get a few paper towels damp and put them in the little bowls you can buy at Ikea.
  4. I let the kids create!
I usually try to save this activity for when friends come to play at our house.  It makes it more special for my boys and their friends usually don't have this opportunity at home.  I did learn my lesson though.  This is an activity that should be supervised.  I let my Big Guy and his friend paint at the kitchen counter while I went outside to water my plants.  During that time, they painted their entire hands, feet, legs, and arms with black paint and walked through the kitchen!  Thank goodness I have wood floors and was able to wipe up the prints.  It would've been a HUGE mess had they walked on the carpet!

This activity usually keeps the kids busy for about 20 minutes.  My Little Guy loves this activity too.  Pampers wet wipes easily clean faces!  Don't you LOVE how scary he is??

No comments:

Post a Comment