This what we did:
Our inspiration came from: here and here
- I collected cardboard boxes (crackers, noodles, cereal, whatever).
- I primed the front of the boxes with white spray primer. I bought the kind that dries in 10 minutes.
- I spray painted the fronts of the boxes in whatever color matched the box best. I bought red, blue, and green spray paint. (I expected 18 kids so I didn't take the time to spray paint the entire box, only the fronts. The kids didn't seem to mind!)
- If the box didn't have a hole in it, an adult cut one for them.
- The kids started decorating. They added googly eyes, sequins, hand cut-outs, lots of heart stickers etc...