This is what we did:
- I purchased pony beads (you can get them at Walmart and the Dollar Tree)
- I also purchased friendship bracelet string. Its just plastic string. I like this stuff because the ends don't fray.
- Tie a bead to the end of the string and then tape it down to a flat surface. This will prevent the kids from spilling all the beads from their string.
- Give the kids a bowl of beads and let them create their own necklace or bracelet. Encourage older kids to make patterns or to count the number of beads they use.
- Tie the two ends to each other.