This is what we did:
- I purchased green onions from the grocery store and made a really yummy potato soup!
- After I used the onions, I placed them in a glass on our kitchen windowsill.
- We are watching them grow until they are big enough for us to eat again.
- Every couple of days we will measure and mark down how much they have grown.
- I will show the boys what an inch looks like on the ruler and have them make a guess as to how much they think the onions have grown before we actually measure it.
This is a really quick video from youtube: Here It will show you how quickly a green onion grows! Kind of amazing (at least in my little world) :)