01 09 10

Friday, March 29, 2013

Well Wishes

Express your LOVE and concern for family and friends by sending "Well Wishes."  Instead of throwing out your chicken and turkey wishbones,  use them to decorate a personal gift made especially for them!

This is what I did:

  1. I washed and saved turkey wishbones.
  2. When dry, I spray painted them white and sprinkled them with glitter while the paint was still wet.  You can also use glue to make the glitter adhere.
  3. I tied the wishbones to my gifts with a small note.  I used jute for one and ribbon for the other.

I made my favorite homemade turkey noodle soup for one of the gifts and put the soup in a canning jar.  When I bring a meal to someone ill, I like to use containers he or she may keep and not worry about returning.

For my other gift, I filled a decorative jar with colored Epsom salt. A favorite recipe I LOVE to use is: 
  1. Combine two parts Epsom salt with one part sea salt
  2. Add two or more drops of food coloring to get desired shade
  3. Add a few drops of essential oil
  4. Stir and fill container
Ready made bath salts work well too or you can simply use Epsom salt alone.




No comments:

Post a Comment