This is what I did:
- I washed and saved turkey wishbones.
- When dry, I spray painted them white and sprinkled them with glitter while the paint was still wet. You can also use glue to make the glitter adhere.
- I tied the wishbones to my gifts with a small note. I used jute for one and ribbon for the other.
I made my favorite homemade turkey noodle soup for one of the gifts and put the soup in a canning jar. When I bring a meal to someone ill, I like to use containers he or she may keep and not worry about returning.
For my other gift, I filled a decorative jar with colored Epsom salt. A favorite recipe I LOVE to use is:
- Combine two parts Epsom salt with one part sea salt
- Add two or more drops of food coloring to get desired shade
- Add a few drops of essential oil
- Stir and fill container