This is what we did:
- Cut a brown paper bag down the sides so that it opens the full length.
- Trim off the sides (and extra length if it too long for the child).
- Use a paper punch to make two holes.
- Use ribbon to make a neck hole. Slide the ribbon into each hole punch and tape it down. Make sure that it is large enough to fit over the child's head. I wouldn't use string. I think it would cut the child's neck when he/she ran with it on.
- Decorate. Be creative!
- Big Guy drew pictures of all the BRAVE people he could think of (Real - his karate instructor and Imaginary - Rudolph)
- Little Guy put faith stickers on his cape and colored it.
- Mom wrote her name and used Bible verses.