This is what we did:
- We painted his hand with WASHABLE red paint and then set it down a a piece of white paper and waited for it to dry.
- I cut a squiggly line (about the same size as his hand) from a small paper plate.
- I drew lines on the plate to make it look like a shell.
- Little Guy used watercolor paints to paint the shell.
- I cut two rectangles from red foam (construction paper would work just fine) and glue on a pair of wiggly eyes.
- I taped his hand print and the googly eyes to the back of the paper plate shell.