01 09 10

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Prayer Rocks

We are going to make prayer rocks at Sunday school.  I LOVE how each rock will be  different and there will be virtually no clean up.  The kids don't even need glue!

This is what I did:

 
 
 
 
  1. I purchased supplies at the Dollar Store.  (1 bag of rocks - approx. 36 rocks/bag, containers - 5/$1.00)
  2. I purchased supplies at Walmart. (Easter Grass, multi-colored craft wire - 36 ft for $3, bag of glitter Faith Stickers - $5.00, sequins and pony beads - I already had them at home)
  3. I cut a piece of wire (about 8-12 inches depending on the size of the rock).
  4. Wrap the wire once around the rock and make a tight twist to hold it in place.
  5. Use a glue gun and secure the wire to the bottom side of the rock.  Be generous with the glue.
  6. Let the kids string beads, sequins, and anything else that you can think of onto the wire.  We made a rock for each member of the family.  They used each family member's initial to mark each rock. Twist the wire so that the beads don't fall off.
  7. Add Easter grass to the container.
  8. Put stickers around the container.
  9. Cut a circle to fit inside the lid.  I traced the label that came on the container and cut out the circles for the kids. 
  10. Color a picture and label it, "Prayer Rocks", and glue onto the lid.
I'm also going to put a copy of the Lord's prayer on the inside of the lid.  The kids can choose a rock each day as a reminder to pray for a family member or themselves!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment