01 09 10

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Here Birdie Birdie Birdie!

We made homes for the birds! 

This is what we did:


 
  1.   We found these cute little bird houses at JoAnn's for $1.00 each.
  2. We painted them using acrylic paint.  (It was on clearance and super goopy - bummer)
  3. We hung them in a tree for the birds.
 
This was a fun little activity.  They've been hanging in the tree for about a month.  I was worried that the acrylic paint would wash off the bird houses but it hasn't.  The paint did wash off the boys!  yeah!
 
 
I'm glad I took this picture.  I haven't seen any actual birds living in the house.  But, looking at the picture, I think a wasp nest is forming in the orange one!  I'll have to ask my husband to investigate!  I checked it out myself!  Its not a wasp nest.  Its just frayed string!

No comments:

Post a Comment