01 09 10

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Painted Stones

My friends LOVE painting rocks.  They also LOVE the search.  Finding the right size, shape, and smoothness can be quite an adventure.  It's so fun to see them turn simple river stones into beautiful creations.  It's also fun when I'm gifted with one of their treasures.  Thanks, friends, for sharing!

This is what they did:






  1. They chose a stone for each critter.
  2. They followed instructions from The Art of Painting Animals On Rocks by Lin Welford.
  3. They added their own personal touches using acrylic paint, brushes, and even toothpicks for small detail.
  4. They sprayed their critters with clear acrylic paint to preserve the finish and make them weather resistant.
My friend's granddaughter also collected rocks and painted a few of her own.  They weren't as detailed as the ones shown above but they were unique and colorful.  She enjoyed a fun filled afternoon and had her own personal treasures to take home to show her family.  I placed my "ladybug rock" in my garden and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment