01 09 10

Friday, November 1, 2013

Painted Hydrangea

I LOVE decorating with hydrangea because it's so easy and arrangements looks great all year long.  I simply picked clusters after they turned green (the dried stage) and lightly spray painted them maroon to match the d├ęcor in my room.  That's it!  So easy and so pretty!




FYI:  If I pick clusters when they first bloom (white), and put them in a vase with fresh water,  they will last a week or so.  If I pick them after they turn green, they last all year with NO water.  I can also pick them after they turn brown for the same affect.  This Christmas I plan to spray paint brown clusters white to imitate a light dusting of snow.  I might decorate a wreath or use them in a display on my fireplace mantle.  Either way, it will be fun to bring "the outside in" and stay cozy warm in the process!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/02/2014

    Painting Hydrangea's! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete