01 09 10

Friday, November 1, 2013

Swans & Sandhill Cranes

I LOVED visiting the Crex Meadows Wildlife Area In Grantsburg, Wisconsin.  My husband, sister, brother-in-law, and I rose early one morning in mid October so we could be at the refuge by dawn. It was awesome seeing thousands of migratory birds and listening to their chatter.  My sister captured some beautiful close-up photos of Sandhill cranes and swans floating along the shore line. You can tour the refuge from your vehicle so little or no walking is required. Maps are available at the visitors center. I highly recommend checking this place out.  You will experience nature at its finest!  

Swans

Two Sandhill Cranes
 






,


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/18/2014

    Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/02/2014

    Loved the pictures. Sounds like a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete